Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Madera

Last weekend was the Madera stage race which consisted of a hilly TT on Friday, a flat TT and a crit on Saturday, and a road race on Sunday. I mostly wanted to do this race to practice my time trialing and overall I'd say it was a mixed bag, basically I need to find a minute in the TTs in order to be competitive and I don't think its down to having a bad position as you can see below

I guess the solution is the same as it is for most things.... practice, practice, practice.

Other than the TTs, the crit was pretty exciting with Cal Giant ripping the field apart in the crosswinds, which was impressive to see. In the road race I messed up and let a break get away from me and no one in the rest of the field wanted to do anything about it. But it was really good to get the racing miles into my legs and I am feeling ready to go for the big races in San Dimas and Redlands the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment