Friday, April 30, 2010

bloggin time

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I have been training hard after some issues after Redlands and the form is on the way up. I am currently half way through the Tour of the Gila racing against some pretty tough competition. Its been a bit of a tough tour, we've been trying hard, but have come up a bit short in the stages so far. But we are getting back on the same page and are excited to do something big in the next few days.

In preparation for this race we did the Vuelta de Bisbee. I raced a good opening uphill prologue coming in 3rd behind Rory and Phil Zajicek(fly V). We then let a big break with Roman go up the road and get 10 minutes on the second day. Roman ended up second on the GC. That afternoon we did a 7 mile time trial. I had a pretty bad ride for whatever reason. I was trying hard as you can see, but the legs just didn't work well.
The next day we all tried to get into the break and win the stage, in the end I got there with my teammate Marc. I successfully destroyed the break on the final climb that topped out with 10km to go taking only Marc and David Tanner (fly V) with me. In the process I won the KOM jersey.
Unfortunately Tanner did not want to work with us on the slow, pedaling downhill and 5 other riders caught back on. Then the worst possible thing happened, coming through the round-about with 3km my quads completely cramped. I tried to yell at Marc, but he didn't hear me and sold out for me. However, I really couldn't pedal my bike and got dropped. We ended up 6th and 7th. Pretty bad dropping of the ball really. The altitude definitely played a part, but now I have been eating way more and making sure I get plenty of electrolytes so I have been having pretty decent legs here at Gila.

Now its just about closing the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment